This category is for any tourism business that can prove its commitment to being sustainable, responsible and ethical in the way it works. Judges will be looking for evidence of recycling, energy saving and care of the environment.
Waiver information – To take place during September and October
Please see waiver information suitable to your type of business
Terms & Conditions
- The Awards are free to enter. There is no restriction on how many categories a business can enter, but separate entry forms must be completed for each one.
- Entries must be received no later than the deadline shown on the website.
- Please note that by being shortlisted the business automatically becomes a finalist, and judges will award Gold, Silver, and Bronze Awards at their discretion. There will only be one Gold winner.
- By entering the Awards, you agree to be mystery visited in the second stage of the judging process.
- By entering the awards the Entrant agrees to refund or waive the cost of the mystery visit
- By entering the Awards, you agree to be part of the publicity if you are a finalist in any category.
- The Judges reserve the right to merge or split categories if the level of entrants warrant it.
- The judges reserve the right to move entrants to another category if deemed necessary.
- A category maybe withdrawn if there are insufficient entries of quality.
- The judges’ decisions are final and they cannot enter into discussion about the shortlisting process, choice of finalists or choice of winners
- Whilst it is not a requirement of entry, we encourage you to provide supporting material and evidence to help the judges fully understand and assess your application.
- Evidence must be clearly referenced to the appropriate question. Evidence that is poorly presented or not clearly referenced will not be considered.
- Consider providing relevant supporting evidence such as photographs, extracts of marketing initiatives/collateral, brochures, menus, training plans & awards, press cuttings, examples of customer letters, examples of feedback forms, staff newsletters, access/green policies, access statement, etc.
- All support material must be attached using common Microsoft formats or as PDFs.
The first stage of judging is based on evaluations of the written applications and evidence.
- Please answer each question as clearly and fully as possible as this is the only information that the judges have on which to base their decision for short-listing.
- Judges are looking for examples of excellence in all areas of business practice; what is it that makes your business different – and better – than your competitors?
- A shortlist of entrants of up to five for each category will be selected from the written applications, who will then receive a mystery visit.
- A word limit has been set for each section and we recommend you keep to the stated word count.
- Any claims made in applications must be substantiated and may be subject to testing by judges.
1. Contact Details – Please give details of the person we should contact with regard to this entry. Note that the email given here will be the email address we will use for all future correspondence.
2. Business Details
How long has the business been operating:
(Yrs. & Months)
Are you part of a business chain? If so which one.
How many Staff do you employ: (+ Full Time + Part Time)
Do you hold any current Quality Ratings, or other appropriate/relevant awards?
3. Give a brief description of your business (max 200 words):
Give a brief description of your business, if shortlisted this will be used in the event programme
4. What dates are you closed?
5. Why should you win this award? What’s your USP? Describe the business and the experience | facilities on offer (max 500 words)
6. Upload any supporting evidence – PDF | Word
7. Upload the business logo
8. Upload a team picture
9. Please tick to accept the conditions of the relevant waiver